Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Parsing a word with uppercase letters

JenTe
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, need some help in parsing these words into output with space:

sample1 - TheCaves into The Caves

sample2 - TheSummit into The Summit

sample3 - VioletCamp into Violet Camp

sample4- TowerTown into Tower Town

sample5 - TheWollongMarket into The Wollong Market

5 REPLIES 5
gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @JenTe 

You can try Regex tool like this. Please don't forget to uncheck "Case Insensitive".

image.png

FYI, please see this post for quick reference on how to write regex expression.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Sharing-RegEx-Cheat-Sheet/m-p/...

aatalai
14 - Magnetar

to add to @gawa solution after the regex tool I would use the summarise tool, grouping by recordid and concatenating by Field 1 and put a space as a separator (if that doesn't work then use any symbol like _ and then the formula tool with a replace formula replacing the symbol with a space) if you want it all in one cell

Ben_H
11 - Bolide

Hi @JenTe,

An alternative solution is use the replace functionality to match only the upper character, and replace it with a space then itself.

You have to trim the result but it works without generating extra rows.

See below

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Ben

gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Thanks to nice clarification by @aatalai , I understand precisely what @Ben_H wanted to do.

First of all, I should have assumed input data like this.

image.png

Based on this, I modified my WF as attached. Basic concept is not changed since first one, but as @aatalai said, result should be summarized in this way.

image.png

JenTe
6 - Meteoroid

It worked well. Thanks all for your support.

Labels