Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Parsing a JSON Response from SOQL Query

bryanmac_92
8 - Asteroid

Hi All.

I am having trouble with extracting my data from my Salesforce Input tool using a Custom Query.

It was a success in validating the query, as well as , I clicked on "Attempt to Parse JSON Response".

I expected to see my data but got this instead.

Capture.PNG

How Can I fix this? Is it with my SOQL query? 

Query.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @bryanmac_92 

Start by adding a record ID and then using a JSON Parse tool to break down your data into name value fields.  From there, you need to narrow down to the actual values that you're looking for.  See here for a good example.

Dan

angiechen9762
5 - Atom

Hi I'm also stuck in the same process. May I ask if you already have a solution for this?

angiechen9762
5 - Atom

Hi, would you be willing to illustrate more on how to add recordId by modifying SOQL? I search around but only found solutions using other coding languages after getting the results.

example SOQL:
SELECT Id, AccountId, AccountName, CreatedDate  form  Opportunity WHERE CreatedDate >= 2024-04-01T00:00:00Z

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@angiechen9762 recordID is an Alteryx tool. you'd add that and then use jsonParse in alteryx.

angiechen9762
5 - Atom

Thank you so very much! It worked.

Labels