Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Parsing XML: invalid document structure

nujjod
6 - Meteoroid

Hello!

I have a txt file and trying to convert it to XML but I'm having some issue

This is the table I have containing the xml structure:

nujjod_1-1640942467836.png

and this is the error I got:

XML Parse (29) invalid document structure at Line:1 and Column:40 at row # 1

when I check the "Ignore xml errors" option I get this:

table.png

I tried "Root", "auto detect child", and "specific child name" to be Patients but all the same issue

I'm not sure how to fix this, I want each record to be in a row but it doesn't look like it's parsing anything

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Sebastiaandb
12 - Quasar

@nujjod  Do you have a dummy available :-)? Then i can throw it into my designer to fix the problem :-).

Greetings,

Seb

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @nujjod 

You will get this error when your XML is not complete/proper structure. As @Sebastiaandb said if you provide us with some sample input and expected output It will help us get a better understanding of the usecase.

We will be happy to help : )

nujjod
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much @Sebastiaandb and @atcodedog05

I've attached the workflow and the txt file (I wasn't able to upload the txt file correctly because the content is XML, so I added a "t" in the beginning and it should be removed)   

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @nujjod 

Here is how you can do it.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1640970958635.png

Make sure to set delimiter as none in the input tool.

atcodedog05_0-1640971161970.png

Hope this helps : )

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @nujjod 

Happy new year to you and your close ones : ) May it be filled with happiness and prosperity =D

nujjod
6 - Meteoroid

Works perfectly! thank you so much I appreciate your help

Labels