Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Overwriting data into specific tabs and rows

smikulskyj
5 - Atom

I currently have a workflow which "Output Data" tools are overwriting into one different Excel File each time I run it, generating multiple new tabs (sheets) into this new file. I need the outputs to overwrite into an specific Excel file, previously set and saved, which already have tabs in it, and each tab has headers and one default row, meaning that I need to overwrite the output data into an already existing Excel file, to an specific tab (sheet), from row 3 and below.

I have read that I need to use a "Run Command" tool but the rules given are not working on my side. 

Does anyone have any solutions for this? 

2 REPLIES 2
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You can Output to that file and that tab, saying to Overwrite Sheet or Range and specifying the range as A3 to Z1000 (some large column name & number to accommodate your columns and rows)! where are you reading that you need run command?

Overwriting data into specific tabs and rows #1.png

nagakavyasri
12 - Quasar

@smikulskyj In the output tool, select the option 'Overwrite sheet or Range' and specify the filename,sheetname and range in the path.

Screenshot 2024-03-07 172216.png

Labels