Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Overwrite input data and create separate files

sylvia726
6 - Meteoroid

HI Team,

Can I get your help here?

Every month, I have 2 files - one is latest Salesperson Name List and Sales Performance.

1) Sales Performance includes 3 tabs - Chart, Pivot Table and Data. Data tab contains all Sales performance by each Salesperson. 

2) Salesperson Name List is the list that I need to split the Sales performance data for them (marked as "Y") separately with pre-set file name.

Since the Sales performance are confidential for each others, so I need to manually remove the data for other Salesperson in Data tab (keep Chart & pivot tab) and save as separate excel file for each salesperson (marked as "Y" in Salesperson Name list")

May I ask if I can use Alteryx to automate this manual & repetitive tasks? 

Attached the sample data for your reference. My desired output from Alteryx is:

- 3 separate Sales Performance Data files for those salesperson marked "Y"

- remain the tab "Pivot" & "Chart"

- Data tab only contains their own sales performance.

Many thanks!

Regards,

Sylvia

12 REPLIES 12
sylvia726
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @AkimasaKajitani 

I have used your workflow template but encountering one question that I am not sure how to resolve. 

See attached screesnhot - I have tried to filter 3 salesperson data of total 3827 records. When it generates to output files, it become 11481 output reocrds. Each data line items are being replicate 3 times.

Just curious if you know what's wrong in my workflow Appendix Fields (26)?

Many thanks!

Regards,

Sylvia

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @sylvia726 

Sorry for my mistake.

In the correct it is Join tool, not Append Field tool.

You have to join the path of CopyFileName column.

AkimasaKajitani_0-1630328675686.png

cwaletzko
7 - Meteor

What happens when you have a dynamic template and the data is coming from 3 different places that need to be placed in 3 separate places on an excel template?  Currently my workflow does not have any errors, but only one section is populating properly.  It appears to be only keeping the last section that was executed.

Labels