Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Outputting a render tool to a separate sheet in excel

Richie059
7 - Meteor

Hey guys, so I want to output a render tool to the first sheet of an excel file and regular data to the second sheet. How can I go about doing this?

Richie059_0-1640112289432.png

3 REPLIES 3
ConnorK
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Richie059 ,

Please see the marked solution from @Jonathan-Sherman in the below think. This should help with this process.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Render-to-multiple-tabs-in-1-excel-fil... 

Best,

Connor Kelleher
Senior Sales Engineer
Alteryx
Richie059
7 - Meteor

@ConnorK 

Hey thank you but I've already tried that and it isn't working. It's not even close.

ConnorK
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Richie059 ,

Apologies I misread your question originally. In this situation it would be best to output all of the data through the Render tool so that the same excel sheet is only expecting one method of data being written to the document. Attached I have created a workflow that does this. Both the charts are on a single sheet, and the data is on separate sheet. The key to this is using "Label" fields to make sure that the charts end up on one sheet and the table ends up on the other.

Best,

Connor Kelleher
Senior Sales Engineer
Alteryx
Labels