Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output Excel File Error Repaired XML

mberg2512
5 - Atom

am writing to an .xlsx file in an Alteryx workflow and I receive the following error: 'We found a problem with some content...Do you want to try to recover as much as we can?' Once I click yes, I then receive this pop up: 'Removed Records: Cell Information from /xl/worksheets/sheet12.xml part'

The current setting is to overwrite the sheet. Alteryx seems to be doing so as the workflow runs correctly. But in Excel, the headers remain and the data below is being removed.

More information: I have a block until done between the different sheets. The other sheets are working correctly.

The same workflow was running fine yesterday. After no changes, it is giving me this error today.

If you need any other details, let me know. Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
mberg2512
5 - Atom

Update: I deleted the tab, created a new one with a different name and changed the output to overwrite that tab and it is working now.

Wixard
8 - Asteroid

Wanted to give this a thumbs up - I've been pouring through the forums to find a fix for this frustrating situation. 

This is the only thing that worked!

phoenix64
5 - Atom

Did I really get this error just because the name of the sheet was lengthy? Alteryx seriously needs to fix this or add an error message for lengthy sheet name 😶

guth05
6 - Meteoroid

I was getting this same error when using the render tool to create the excel file. I found that it was because I used the report header to dynamically pull in data from a field into the header of excel and the data was too large.  So I changed the font size and that solved it.

Gfreeman
7 - Meteor

What was the actual solution?  I can't find it?  Is it a problem with the Alteryx side?

Greg

Wixard
8 - Asteroid

For me it seemed like it was an issue in Excel. The solution was the start from scratch on a new Excel workbook

Labels