Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Output Data tool in Batch macro need to convert string to datetime automatically

YipengTang
6 - Meteoroid

I need to use a batch macro that processes 100+ tables from Athena view into SQL.  In the batch macro, I use Output Data tool to write the data into SQL tables.   I use "Update; Insert if New" option for the Output Data.

My SQL tables were created ahead of time.   And each table, each field has different data type.  However, my source tables were extracted from Athena view, but all the fields are in 'String' type.

The reason I use batch macro is to process 100+ tables all in one place.  But it would be difficult to use Formula to convert data type for each table and each field.    It would defeat the purpose of using batch macro. 

So my question is that " Can Alteryx Output Data tool convert 'string' to 'datetime', 'int' to SQL automatically"? 

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

do your dates have a set format? if so you can use datetimeparse and set it up for that.

you are querying s3 files. We don't know the format of those S3 files. You can set up rules using Alteryx somewhere in your workflow, or somewhere in your Athena query. Or use Glue. But how things are set up - and what you can do is kind of limitless with how you've described it.

Labels