Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Oracle Database read speed too slow

Carlos77
7 - Meteor

I have connected my Alteryx Designer to a corporate Oracle database, I need to fetch datasets sometimes with more than 10 million records. The typical number is between 1 and 5 million. Nr. of columns is usually between 20 and 40.

I am testing now the connection, and it takes me around 50-60 minutes to read a dataset of 1.3 million records. This means that a larger set would not be available during a full working day if I started in the morning.

When I am using a competing similar software (KNIME), which uses the same driver (stored in a different folder of course), the same SQL command, the same sample took only 5 minutes.

Reading previous posts in the community, it seems this issue has never been really solved, more just different workarounds are being proposed. I've tried everything I could find here, but no real success.

Unfortunately this topic is a show stopper for me, unless I can get Alteryx to read around 10 million records per hour (or max 2h), I simply cannot use it in my work.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

11 REPLIES 11
Sebastiaandb
12 - Quasar

@Carlos77 

We had a POC last year comparing Powercenter informatica and Alteryx in combination with a Oracle db :-), feel free to send me a pm. 

Greetings,

Seb

drmonaali
5 - Atom

Jimmy,

I have a similar scenario to yours did you find a solution to this.

regards

Labels