Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Optimization Tool Input error

roannen
5 - Atom

Struggling to set up the Optimization tool in SCGX. Found a few examples online to set up the tool but am getting an error:  (Optimization (117) Tool #3: Error: x$O does not have name variable) I saw someone pose this question previously but was able to resolve it themselves by cleaning the constraint names and variables names of any unnecessary punctuation or special characters. I followed that example and simplified the names to just numbers but am still getting the error. Not sure where to go to fix this error so any help would be great thanks. See attached for my example. 

1 REPLY 1
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@roannen The optimization tool is so finicky with field names/types. I like to put a select tool before each optimization tool input to get everything setup in the attached. Alteryx did add some helpful items in their help pages to stress the importance of field names/types. https://help.alteryx.com/20213/designer/optimization-tool Note that the the optimization tool is currently returning a solution is undefined error but the tool is working properly now. 

Labels