Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Not sure its possible..

Andy
5 - Atom

Hi All,
Thought I'd ask before I spend more time on it. Relativly new to this world. Essentually I'm wondering if it is possible to do?
It is a relativly simple task of updating a =SUM in excel but not so sure in Alteryx.

I'm trying to build a report that will run on the 1st of every month looking at a excel sheet with static data.

The colums are named ID, NAME,1-1-2020, 1-2-2020, 1-3-2020 etc. thru till 1-12-2032

Essentually if the report is run on the 1st August I want it to know I want to show ID, NAME and all the original dated columns but with an additional column that totals the 12 coulms for each row ID from 1-8-2024 to 1-7-2025

Then when it runs in September it totals the 12 coulms for each Row ID from 1-9-2024 to 1-8-2025

And so on each month

Be great to build and forget so it can just do its own thing each month and never needs any manual input.

Hope that makes sense.
Thanks
Andy

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Andy 

It's always possible!! (Almost)

W.png

Transpose the monthly columns and then use a filter to return only from the current month to 12 months away.  Sum the results and uses a join tool to append the column to original data.

Dan

Andy
5 - Atom

Thanks Dan,

As usual I was trying to over complicate things..... And as usual ended up in a rabbit hole of dispair 😂

Labels