Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Nested If Then Else Statement

msawyer
5 - Atom

Is it possible to create an If Then Else statement that allows for more than three conditions?  For example, I need to create an If Then Else statement that looks at a number and determines if it falls in the following buckets; late, on-time, within 30 days, between 31 and 60 days, between 61 and 90 days, and greater than 90 days.

Thanks!!

13 REPLIES 13
vmanika8
7 - Meteor

Thanks a lot Thomas... It works for me. But what about if the Days open field has blank cell.

I need to get the result field as "closed" for the blank cell items. How to do that?

Eg:

Days open     Result

30                   30-40

Closed

60                   60-90

thomas_vdb
7 - Meteor

This is a clause like another:

IF [Days Open] >= 30 THEN "30-40"
Elseif [Days Open] > 60 THEN "60-90"
Elseif IsEmpty([Days Open]) THEN "Closed"
ELSE [Days Open] ENDIF

😉

amigdal
5 - Atom

Hello, 

I need some help. I am trying to transfer the following excel functions into Alteryx and am having trouble. Can someone please help me?

Excel function #1: if([Column 1] <>"Personal", if([Column2]>1,if([Column3]<=1500000,"Y","N"), if([Column4]<=1500000,"Y","N")),"N")

Excel Function #2: if([Column 1] <>"Personal", if([Column2]="Y","Zebra","Lion"),"Hippo")

Excel Function #3: if([Column1]="Whale","Orca",if(Column2]="1","Sealion",if([Column3]<>0,"Fish",if(AND(OR([Column4]="Penguin",[Column4]="Swan"),[Column5]="Sparrow"),"Bird",if(AND(OR([Column4]="Penguin",[Column4]="Swan"),OR(Column5]="Sparrow",[Column5]="Duck")),"Animal with Feathers",if(AND(Column4]="Pig",[Column1]="Lion",[Column6]>250000,"Mammal","Not Mammal"))))))

Thanks,

Andrew

JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

@amigdal 

You might be able to replace the "if" with "iif" and otherwise use the same expression.

Hope that helps!

John

Labels