Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

SharePoint List Output not updating fields that are Lookups

7 - Meteor

I did read somewhere in support about issues with the now deprecated SharePoint List Output tools having issues not updating data in SharePoint but not throwing errors. But I've searched for days and can no longer find the that original article that I first read about this issue. 

In my case, the Output will update normal fields, but it won't update fields that are Lookups using data from another list. The article I read also said something about a 2MB limit, but I even tried a very small subset of only 9 rows and it still didn't update those fields. I output all of the Alteryx data into an Excel file and the data is there. But somehow it's not getting into SharePoint. Doesn't seem to matter if it's an Append or Update configuration. I even tried adding the appropriate ID configuration e.g. 1969;#C009112 in the same format as other data that is imported into Alteryx using the SharePoint List Input joining with the other List to retrieve and add the ID. 

So two questions, is there anything else I can try to get these SharePoint list fields successfully updated? If I were to get the newer version of Alteryx (not sure, maybe 2022.3 or newer?), is this solved for in the newer SharePoint Input/SharePoint Output tools?

If anyone has any examples of SharePoint List Output where they had to solve for this, please share!

4 REPLIES 4
JoeUserName
5 - Atom

Hi @182129 I too am having issues with my Sharepoint List not updating. Were you able to resolve this issue?

7 - Meteor

Not as of yet. We're about to upgrade our server so I'll be able to take advantage of the newer SharePoint Output tool. I'll let you know if that helps any.

jeanhbk
5 - Atom

Hi. For Alteryx version 2021 and newer, you will need to change how you reference the lookup field. In the past you would list the ID and value from the lookup list. Now you only list the value:

Before v2021: #;Text

After v2021: #

Hope that helps

fdumoran
5 - Atom

@jeanhbk, I'm having similar issue. Want to clarify your recommendations. Does v2021 refers to the Alteryx Designer version or of the SharepointList Output tool? Also, I take it that for After v2021, you simple replace # with the actual ID #, for example in my case ID = 517, that would simply be passing 517 value or is there additional characters to add?

Labels