Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

NULL CELL NOT SUPPLYING THE VALUE

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi guys,

I am a kind of confuse because I have created a formula but the formula is not working. I am trying to supply the NULL value at column % but nothing is working.

Can you please help for the correct formula? See below snapshots for your reference.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

 Hope to hear from anyone.

Kamen

14 REPLIES 14
apathetichell
19 - Altair

oh! yes - I see what you are saying. change it from referencing [%] to [TOTAL] in the row+1 section - so [Row+1:TOTAL] - the logic here is you want to find the column which has not value in [Row+1] because it does not exsist. so you want that to reference something that MUST have a value in every row. [%] was wrong to reference.

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @apathetichell 

Jus wondering, if that the case, what will be the correct formula. I don't use much of this type of tool since I find it complicated. Any ideas on how I am going to solve my dilemma?

Please advise.

Kamen

anandakrishnan
7 - Meteor

@KamenRider Can please share the data set, will help you with workflow. What i fell is an "if condition" can solve this issue.

CoG
13 - Pulsar

Alternatively, and maybe a more robust process, if you move the Multi Row Formula Tool to before the Formula Tool that was showcased in your OP, you can instead modify the SumPercent2 Field with the following Multi Row Formula:

IIF(IsNull([SumPercent2]),[Row-1:SumPercent2],[SumPercent2])

After this, the formula you had originally will have something to pull from and should work. (NOTE: Just make sure the data is sorted in such a way that the nulls in [SumPercent2] are not in the top row of the data)

Hope this helps and Happy Solving!

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @CoG  @anandakrishnan @apathetichell 

I've created a sample file that will act an input file. Below is the sample file.

Input01.PNG

For your understanding, the output file should look like this.

Ouput01.PNG

I hope guys you could help me create the output required for me. I've also attached the excel file.

Looking forward for your response.

Kamen

Labels