Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiplying multiple columns by multiple columns

Yanlk
5 - Atom

Hello community,

I am trying to perform a step using Alteryx Design to multiply 339 columns by their own (A x A / A x B / A x XX / B x A / B x B / etc).

At first, I thought I could use the multi-field formula tool to solve it, but it seems it only allow me to multiply multiple columns by a single one - Am I right? Anyone think in a different way to perform this operation?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

@Yanlk,

Yes, the multi field won't solve this. You would have to transpose your data somehow so you get it organized in one field for the multiplication (prob. still use multi field, but just for one part of the multiplikation). Then an IF ELSE Formula should be helpful.

Yanlk
5 - Atom

Hi @FrederikE,

Thanks for your answer.

Thought It may have an easier way to do it...I have 400 columns to multiply within, can't imagine doing that by configuring manually . Any other hint?

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Yanlk Let me know if the attached works! I think you could transpose, ensuring that you've checked whatever your key column is. Then join the data to itself on your key column, and then use a simple formula to multiply. Hopefully that helps!

patrick_digan_0-1662561423537.png

Labels