Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Multiple Input Files and Flow-Specific Outputs

adamweaver39
9 - Comet

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to configure a somewhat complicated flow scenario -- I am hoping to run multiple season files through a flow using a wildcard * to grab multiple files and then output to seasonal specific output files, tabbed out by the different checks conducted.

For example, if I have a F23, S24, and F24 line export, I would like the flow to check each simultaneously and then output to a season specific file that has a separate tab for each check (Browse tool placeholders with Output names to replace with Output Data).

Thanks in advance for the help!

input setup.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
rzdodson
12 - Quasar

@adamweaver39 I think I might be able to help you here. Do you have a copy of the workflow posted above? Upon initial glance, it looks like this workflow lends itself to being redeveloped as a batch or iterative macro depending on what's occurring within the formula and filter tools.

adamweaver39
9 - Comet

Sounds fancy! Would love to explore that possibility.

Unfortunately, I am working with some proprietary data, so I will need to modify and delete some data to share, so that you can play with that.

Will circle back soon - thank you.

rzdodson
12 - Quasar

@adamweaver39 not a problem. Can definitely understand. Take your time. Happy to help! :)

adamweaver39
9 - Comet

@rzdodson let me know if the attached will work for your purposes. Thanks for the help!

rzdodson
12 - Quasar

@adamweaver39 not a problem! Assuming that the csv is a scrubbed version of the data set in the workflow you shared, giving you a heads up now that there may be a couple of issues with the original workflow or the scrubbed out data set provided above.

The first error seems to be an issue with the formula logic referencing a field that is not present upstream. Thus, it does not know what to tabulate.

Formula error.png

This one seems like there is a missing field in the data set.

Missing field.png

adamweaver39
9 - Comet

Hey @rzdodson thanks for that callout -- that was a result of scrubbing out some data I could not share here.

Attaching an updated workflow with those two flows removed. Should still work for the context of my question here :)

adamweaver39
9 - Comet

Hi @rzdodson -- any chance you had an opportunity to review with the updated flow? Appreciate your help with this.

adamweaver39
9 - Comet

Hi @rzdodson -- figured I would ping one more time before assuming you gave up on this one.

Labels