Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Multiple Dynamic Sheet column formating with a new excel file

Cmason_1
5 - Atom

Hey Everyone, 

I am working on a workflow that will help give specialized teams a report on an ADHOC basis. I have all the data aggregated. When I export the data through one render tool it correctly exports the sheet names and data but due to having sheets that are 2 columns all the way to 33 columns the smaller column amounts tend to get overly large. Is there any formatting that can be dynamically adjusted. The file path is dynamically written so output data tools will not work. This is a weird workflow as the output are never guaranteed and sometimes a sheet is written but other times it does not need to be written. The only thing i need is to know if there is a way to set each potentially outputted sheet to a particular format in L x W. 

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Rhys_Cooper
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Cmason_1.I have an idea in mind to solve this. Could you provide some futher information and I will create some dummy data and create my solution.

1. what render tool are you using?

2.  For a single sheet, Are the unrequired columns included from larger sheets just populated with nulls?

3. Can you include a sample workflow and also the batch macro I imagine you are using to dynamically read in the different sheets

kind regards - Rhys Cooper

Labels