Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

MultiRow Issue - Cumulative SUM?

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Hello all. 

I have a dataset that I need to create a cumulative SUM with some conditional clauses.

Joker_Hazard_0-1662577330141.png

As you can see, VDF symbol equals to + the next row and RGF, RGP, RGV equals to subtractions.

Each account will always start with 0 to make things easier, followed by VDF as next row, so the first interaction will be always positive.

I tried multiple formulas using IF CLAUSE in MULTIROW but after many tries I would like to ask for help. 

Can someone give me some hints?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Joker_Hazard,

One simple way assuming your wanting to do this for each account is to group by account and sum the current value with the cumulative sum above:

IraWatt_0-1662578873855.png

If you want to learn more about the Multi-Row-Formula Tool the community has some quick and easy videos on the topic here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Multi-Row-Formula/ta-p/82872

Any questions or issues please ask

Ira Watt
Technical Consultant
Watt@Bulien.com 

DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Joker_Hazard 

Here is a quick way of doing it, if the key field is VDF then it adds the previous rows cumulative value to the value, otherwise it subtracts.

DavidSkaife_0-1662578615953.png

Labels