Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Multi Row Query

lmilimonka
6 - Meteoroid

I have a question where I need to do an if then else but I need to keep multiple rows. Here is an example:

If merge account=81056 but account = 612204,612205 change account number to 81056 and keep rows for account 612204 and 612205.

What would be the expression?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
danettedavis
8 - Asteroid

have you tried a formula such as if [Account] In(612204,612205) then 81056 else [Merge Account] endif

apathetichell
19 - Altair

This is probably a Join. It sounds like you are trying to change values in multiple fields based upon a key. this is a join where value from Table A replaces value in Table B. It is a self-Join if A/B are the same table.

lmilimonka
6 - Meteoroid

I will try it this morning and get back to you.

Thanks

Lesia

lmilimonka
6 - Meteoroid

How do I make it dynamic without had coding the account numbers.

For Example I can have Merge with Account # be the same as Account Number and sometimes they are different.

Let me know.

lmilimonka
6 - Meteoroid

No, This is all in the same excel file. So basically if the condition matches then I am trying to change the values in multiple rows. I hope this helps.

Thanks

apathetichell
19 - Altair

If this is one excel sheet - this is a self-join. Row X Column A (lets call it the key column) matches Row Y Column B (let's call it the Match column) in another row. The value of Row X Column C is then replaced with the value of Row Y Column C. This is done in the Join tool. If you do not understand how this works - post some sample data.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels