Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi_Row_Formula - Having Problems

RHOWLETT
7 - Meteor

Peers - 

I have a table similar to the below - 

SM_UIDEMPLOYEE_UIDNEW_FIELD
RZ1289CA3773CA3773_1
RZ1289BA7623BA7623_2
RZ1289YZ8765YZ8765_3
JR8788AA8765AA8765_1

I'm trying to create a new filed that will concatenate the employee UID with _1, _2, _3 (progressively adding 1 each time the SM_UID remains the same), IF it changes, I want the concatenation to go back to _1 and start over. I know how to do this in excel, but having a hard time making it work in Alteryx. Any advise would be appreciated. 

Thanks - Ryan

3 REPLIES 3
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @RHOWLETT 

If you are able to build the logic in excel you will definitely be able to do it in Alteryx 😀 I encourage you to give it a try. The tools which you need would be Multi-row formula tool and Formula tool.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Multi-Row-Formula/ta-p/82872#done

1. Use multi-row formula tool to increment ID as number for each  SM_UID

2. Use formula tool to concat EMPLOYEE_UID and ID to create the output string. The way to concat strings would be [EMPLOYEE_UID]+"_"+ToString([ID]). ToString will convert other datatypes to string

If you are facing any issues you can let me know I can help you clear it and get a better understanding.

Hope this helps : )

RHOWLETT
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the knowledge share - I was able to work thru the problem. The solution was way easier than I had anticipated. Loving myself some Alteryx.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help and share knowledge : ) @RHOWLETT 

@RHOWLETT wrote:

Loving myself some Alteryx.

And good to hear these words 😀

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels