Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Moving Data from a Singular Column up 9 cells

BFooteVT
5 - Atom

Hello - I am attempting to format data. After the union the data I have in every column except one is in the correct row. In column 16 the data points are 9 cells below where I would like them. Rows 12-19 instead of 3-10 like preferred. Is there anyway to move the data in this singular column up 9 rows without affecting the other columns? 

2 REPLIES 2
KilianL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @BFooteVT ,

you can take the column out (select), remove the first 9 rows (sample), and add it back to the dataset (join by record position).

See example attached.

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@BFooteVT,

Alteryx has exactly the tool you need:  the Multi-Row Formula tool.  This will work as long as you want all data in this field (column) moved up 9 rows.  If there is data in this field already in the correct location, it would take a few more tools to get this to work, depending on which data should move and which should not.  Let me know if you have questions.  

Move Data Up.png

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels