Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

MongoDB Input Tool Connectivity Issue (No collections)

prashantbhavsar
5 - Atom

I’m trying to connect standalone MongoDB hosted on AWS EC2 build for hosting application data.

When I used MongoDB Compass using

mongodb://xxxxdev:xxT123b@xx.xxx.xx.xx:27017/xxxxxxx-dev?authSource=admin

Issue:

I’m able to connect and add collection to my database as well as it MongoDB shell I can get colletion names too.

How I can connect to MongoDB server-database and collection which is on admin authorization?

prashantbhavsar_0-1617820194057.png

When I add my user database then Collection will not list

prashantbhavsar_1-1617820194061.png

On MongoDB compass shell using the same database:

prashantbhavsar_2-1617820194064.png

I have gone through multiple community forum but couldn't find what I'm missing here. Even DBA also not sure if connection can work with Compass then its Alteryx tool issue.

1 REPLY 1
lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@prashantbhavsar 

As you have probably concluded, MongoDB instances other than the standard embedded instance for Server are not supported.   There are many users who have such databases, and you are in the right place to network with them.

If you are reading the embedded instance that stores the gallery for Alteryx Server, then the user password stored in the System Settings is the only one you need.  (We do not recommend using the MongoDB Output tool on embedded instances.)

Note that this is completely different from a user account on an Alteryx Server.Note that this is completely different from a user account on an Alteryx Server.

Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.
Labels