Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Message Icon

bsolove
8 - Asteroid

I have three fields with a single record, which is the total number of records.  I am trying to create an error message that populates if all three fields do not match each other.

6 REPLIES 6
Inactive User
Not applicable

Use a message tool w/formula and fail if the conditions are met.

AndrewBanh
9 - Comet

Hi @bsolove 

I have created this workflow for you with sample inputs (workflow below).

I used regex to separate the record into 3 different fields.

I then transposed to prepare the data for a multi-row formula.

The multi-row formula then flags records that don't match. With the configuration of the tool, I had to select "Set to values of closest valid row" and group by RecordID and Field1.

Then I summarised everything and added the flags.

I used a formula tool to generate an error/checking column.

Hope this helps 😊😊

- Andrew

bsolove
8 - Asteroid

This is what I tried to do, but it's giving me an error even though the numbers in all the fields are the same.

Message Tool.PNG

AndrewBanh
9 - Comet

Hi @bsolove 

I have updated my workflow with the message tool and its configuration for you.

I have included an expression which highlights which records are incorrect. I think the way you configured it will generate the same string every time and is not unique for each record you have.

- Andrew

bsolove
8 - Asteroid

Should this work if my fields are numbers or if the data type is integer?

AndrewBanh
9 - Comet

Change your field type to a V_WString and in the regex tool change the regex expression to (...)(...)(...)

Labels