Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Merging Multiple Tabs into One Spreadsheet with Formatting

kv-defy
8 - Asteroid

I am currently working on data in multiple excel tabs. 

I have successfully cleaned and formatted the dataset for 1 tab with a current workflow. 

However, I have multiple tabs which I want to combine them into 1 spreadsheet using Alteryx. However, I do not know of the fastest and efficient way of doing this because Alteryx's input data only takes in 1 tab at a time. I have more than 50+ different tabs (countries) to clean and format the data. I would like to combine them into 1 spreadsheet.

Current data format:

20212020Variance... (more columns)Variance %
Revenue     
IT Cost     
... (more rows)     
Other Costs     

kvdefy_1-1656896197255.png (sample, there are more than 50 tabs to merge together)

Desired data format:

20212020Variance... (more columns)Variance %
Revenue     
IT Cost     
... (more rows)     
Other Costs     

with the other countries' data tab combined into 1 spreadsheet.

Is there an optimal way of doing this? Kindly seek help and understanding 😊

3 REPLIES 3
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @kv-defy, you can do it with the help of macro. 

Firstly, I have taken an input just for sheet names.

grazitti_sapna_0-1656907380959.png

Then passed it through the macro to get the result from all the tabs.

grazitti_sapna_1-1656907412503.png

You can simply replace the input source with your source and then follow the configuration from the first screenshot.

PS: You might have to make some tweaks as per the requirement. This workflow is a generic approach.

I hope this helps!

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

hi @kv-defy 

The question you raised is arguably the most-asked question of all time. And many others have answered this before. Some useful resources are:

1. Import multiple sheets or specific excel range: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-To-Import-Multiple-Excel-Sheets...
  2. Import multiple excel sheets from different schemas https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-import-multiple-excel-sheets-files-different-schema-bingqian-gao/
  3. For simple case like the one in question, the dynamic input tool can do it for you. Check out the Example workflow (which comes together with the standard installation anyway -- attached here for your convenience only).

Dynamic input tool example.PNG

SouliereS
7 - Meteor

Your article content is being very much interested, I am very impressed with your post. I hope to receive more great posts.

Direct2HR Schedule

Labels