Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Match the Data and place the amount.

ArijitRoy
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I have attached an excel sheet. There are data in Sheet1 and Sheet2.

• Every month there will be a new sheet1 with a new month. Currently have June in Sheet1. Next month August will be there.
  • Sheet1 have Customers and Amount under the Month column.
  • In sheet2 have all the customers and all the months of 2023.
  • Columns of sheet2 should be placed as it is after the output.
  • Next month when I will have data for August, then the amount should be filled in the sheet2 under August column.
  • Match the Parent Name between two sheets and put the amount from Sheet1 to Sheet2 under the specific month.
  • Looking for Dynamic resolution.

Kindly help, how to do that?

10 REPLIES 10
binuacs
21 - Polaris

@ArijitRoy One way of doing this with the dynamic select tool

Note: all of sheet1 data is not matching with the Sheet2 parent names

binuacs_0-1686155990672.png

ArijitRoy
8 - Asteroid

Hi @binuacs,

My apologies. I have to add those missing 13 lines at the end of the sheet2 and amount under June. Dynamically.

ArijitRoy
8 - Asteroid

Hi @binuacs,

Amounts are not under the same customer. Sheet1 customers value is on different customers under Sheet2.

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@ArijitRoy @Can you give a sample amount which is not matching?

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@ArijitRoy I updated the workflow , can you check now

binuacs_0-1686163769092.png

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@ArijitRoy 

An example workflow using excel's range generation.
As pointed out the sheets are not balanced on sheet1 and sheet2 there is information that you will not find.
I let it be inserted on sheet 2 without the parent name

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@ArijitRoy Question, In the current month you are having June data, and next month you are expecting August Data, so then there will not be any July data? 

ArijitRoy
8 - Asteroid

Like we add the data of July from Sheet1 to Sheet2. Next month I am gone a have August's data in sheet1. Now sheet 2 is already gone a have June data so August's data should be added to Sheet2 under August '23. Likewise every month it should work like that. Next year, month will start from December '24 to December '23 on the sheet2. 

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@ArijitRoy Your Sheet1 had June data so I updated the workflow according to picking the June data in the dynamic select tool, If you are expecting this should be July then you need to adjust the formula in the dynamic select tool. Let me know if you need any assistance

binuacs_0-1686316719459.png

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels