Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Macro guidance

rhearns1
8 - Asteroid

Good Day,

Yesterday, you helped tremendously, so today we shall try again.  Remember, I am not a programmer.  I have created 6 macros that each work on their own.  I wanted to create a workflow where first step 1 performs, then step 2, etc.  What I did was put each macros in the designer thinking that by having them stepwise, and running them, they would perform.   What do I need to do to have this workflow, flow as this will need to occur twice a week and I'm trying to make the program work for me.  Step 1 inputs the data then creates the sheets for Step 2, etc, etc.  Obviously I am missing something. Thank you in advance for any assistance you are able to provide!

rene

rhearns1_0-1681306668758.png

3 REPLIES 3
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @rhearns1 ,

this sounds like you're trying to do something in a strange way.

Can you provide more information?

If you are wanting to interact with the workflow, as in build an app which pops up a box for you to enter data then that is a completely different thing. If you are simply trying to run things in sequence, then you can run one macro then the other, with the second macro following on from the first.

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve though.

M.

Bulien

rhearns1
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to setup a sequence of macros.  Trying not to have to run each step individually each time I have to update the files.

It is a stepwise process.  So I set up macros for each step and am now hoping to setup a macro that would do each macro.  First run Step1 macro, the results from Step 1 feed Step 2 macro.  Then run Step 2 macro, the results from Step 2 feed Step 3 macro.  Then run Step 3 macro, the results from Step 3 feed Step 4 macro.  Then run Step 4macro, the results from Step 4 feed Step 5 macro.  Step 5 is the report results.  

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @rhearns1 

The macros that you show in your workflow don't have any output anchors, so you have no way to connect them in series.  Go into each of the macros and add a Macro Output tool that returns the relevant data for the next macro in the process.

Dan

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels