Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

macro that reads all the files in a directory

GOL
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, I have a macro that reads all the sheets in the fileonea (Table of Query: List of Sheet Names).

GOL_2-1681316505115.png

The action tool Update the Value as follow: 

GOL_4-1681317103916.png

But I also need that the macro reads all the files (fileonea, filetwoa, filefoura) in the directory :

GOL_1-1681316122951.png

So, I have created a workflow that starts with directory tool and receives the macro :

GOL_3-1681316928533.png

For some reason, the workflow doesnt work and I have to upload manually all the files one by one in the macro detailed before. I have tried some different options but with no result. 

Would you mind explaining me how read automatically all the files in a directory?. 

I think that it could be that the macro receives the list of sheet names but the directory has the path or the filename but not the list of sheet names...i guess

Your help is much appreciated. 

Regards, 

1 REPLY 1
BS_THE_ANALYST
14 - Magnetar

@GOL You can use this workflow: 

BS_THE_ANALYST_0-1681321586682.png

Just remember to select FullPath on the macros inside the Questions Tab. I just leave all the Group By as none:

BS_THE_ANALYST_1-1681321623900.png

Let me know how it goes.

All the best,
BS

Labels