Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Macro Query

Ananyo
5 - Atom

Hi All,

Greetings to you !

I have just started to build Macros in my Alteryx Upskilling journey . I am facing a specific challenge for one of the standard Macros that I have built .  The Macro allows the user to choose  numeric fields which it then converts to the currency format . The fields not chosen are sent out to the output without any modification.

While the Macro is working properly for the original dataset , it is not replicating its functionality on any new datasets. The Drop down continues to show the initial list of fields for the user to select.

It would be helpful if anyone of you can share possible solutions to the above problem.

2 REPLIES 2
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

The macro you set is most likely referencing a static file used in your original dataset. The new dataset may or may not have the same fields / data types and you cannot get the right answer right?

You'll need to provide some data and if you can, export your macro to the community for us to make it dynamic. If you want to do it yourself, consider the field names carefully and have the option for the macro to change with control parameters - and also before your macro, consider adding some data type controls and rename certain fields by condition if you want it to be dynamic.

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
Raj
14 - Magnetar

@Ananyo 

1. Ensure that field names in new datasets match those in the original dataset.
  2. Confirm that the fields you want to convert are numeric in new datasets.
  3. Check the macro configuration for dynamic updates based on input data.
  4. Test the macro with sample data to identify any issues.
  5. Use debugging features to identify errors or issues.
  6. Look for error messages or warnings generated during macro execution.
Labels