Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Load .slk file type in Alteryx

Hi team,

I am looking for a workaround to load or read the data from a Symbolic Link Excel (.slk) file type on Alteryx.

If not load, then alleast convert Symbolic Link Excel (.slk) file type in Alteryx itself to a format that is read in alteryx.

5 REPLIES 5
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @developerpriyanka_t 

Have you tried reading it by configuring it as a csv input with delimiter of \0? This typically works for text based files, which from what I can tell an slk is. Assuming that works, you'll have to do the parsing yourself. It looks like there's some python libraries that convert slk into csv as well you could play around with.

Hi Like,

Thanks for your response !

Did you meant that I bring in the.slk file on an Input toll and configure the input tool as .csv ?

If yes, please be informed that .slk is an unsupported excel format in Alteryx. In that case, the input tool does not allow me to connect to the slk file at all.

But correct me if I have misunderstood your solution.

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @developerpriyanka_t 

If you paste the file path into the input tool it should work. I've done this plenty of times with non-standard file extensions that are actually just text files. 

Here's an example with a .dat file, also not natively available in the input tool:

image.png

Perfect ! Thanks so much Luke.

Labels