Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Like Operator

tarun_kumar10
7 - Meteor

I have two different column values Mr. RAFIQ MOHD QURESHI and RAFIQ MOHAMMAD QURESHI which formula need to apply to check both records are same in Alteryx.

10 REPLIES 10
gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@tarun_kumar10 

If you want to check equality, equal operator = should be enough.

Depending on your case behind question, please utilize Contains, Regex_Match...anything you want.

image.png

tarun_kumar10
7 - Meteor

Thanks ! But do you have any other solutions to consider both values are same . Example If we use same condition in MS SQL then We can use Like operator . 

gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@tarun_kumar10 

Please note that LIKE statement in SQL does not mean same, but fuzzy matching actually. If you want to do fuzzy matching, appropriate choice would be a regular expression.

tarun_kumar10
7 - Meteor

I have two outputs unitravelz1@gmail.com , JONWAL.BOY@GMAIL.COM and applied the condition Contains([RH_EMAIL_ID], '.com') according the condition unitravelz1@gmail.com should be true , JONWAL.BOY@GMAIL.COM should be false

Deano478
12 - Quasar

@tarun_kumar10 the contains function is not case sensitive so it views .com and .COM as the same thing

tarun_kumar10
7 - Meteor

I have tried but , I did not find correct condition . Please help with example 

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@tarun_kumar10 you can make Contains() case sensitive by adding ,0 to the end of it:

image.png

tarun_kumar10
7 - Meteor

I have two outputs CL0124 and 1204532 , which condition need to apply to get the only 1204532 and another is false .

aatalai
13 - Pulsar

@tarun_kumar10 have you tried fuzzy match tool? That tell you how similar the scoring is between certain words

https://help.alteryx.com/current/en/designer/tools/join/fuzzy-match-tool.html

Labels