Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Joining the files

SureshBurra1982
7 - Meteor

Hi All, 

I have one roadblock which I am explaining below. Could you please help this out.

I have 2 folders. One folder with Master excel file(with Multiple sheets) and another folder with multiple excel files . I have to take one copy version of Master file and one file from 2nd folder then I need to merge the 2nd file data (Sheet1) with copy version of Master file(Sheet1 - It has the data already need to append from next new line), named as merged file name of 2nd folder. Need to do the same for all the files in the 2nd folder.

Please let me know if any issues.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Can you provide some screen shots?  Not quite sure I understand.

SureshBurra1982
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Sorry for delay in response. Please find sample files.

All Company files will be available in folder. Need to pick one by one and extract the data in it and insert into Master sheet of Master file.

Once first file data inserted(Should not override any existed data need to start from new line) into Master file it has to generate output file as per company code in it. Then need to Insert the data of second file in the updated Master file and need to save that output as per respected company code.

In the same way Master file will be keep on updating and output files will be generated once respected insertion is completed.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

You can use a Directory Tool to read in the file paths of all the spreadsheets you need.  Then feed that list into a Dynamic Input Tool which will read them in one at a time and stack them, so long as the fields are all the same in each file.

Or you can use a regular input tool and use a wildcard in the path name to read them all in and stack them, again, so long as the field names/types are all the same.

From there, you can pick the fields you want, and either union them to the master file and then output to the master file by "overwriting" it as an output method.  Or  you can skip the unioning and just output using the "append to existing sheet" mode.

There a lots of examples of using those tools in the learning path on in the Academy and the free videos.

SureshBurra1982
7 - Meteor

I am unable to get that, Could you please try with given files once ?

Labels