Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Iterative macro; getting the macro to function properly

Greenlama254
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I have been relatively new to the Alteryx Universe and macros especially. 

The attached macros (and especially the data) are just for testing purposes, the one I want to generate are complete letters with varying bank details and such, but the idea I want should be clear; for every line I want to feed the macro a separate and complicated report should be generated.

The thing is; the macro 1.39 is giving the desired output, but as soon as I add another report detail to the macro (1.391)  it starts leaving out information. What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Regards,

11 REPLIES 11
Greenlama254
8 - Asteroid

I made a few amendments again @gawa 

First of all I selected that "Input48" For Iteration Input, but honestly I am not sure what that is. I do not see a Input48 tool in the flow. 

[EDIT] I see that the very start of the macro is the input48 (under input name), so thanks for pointing that out. 

Also I changed the requirement in the filter. Because I only want each Record to be processed through the reporting part to generate one separate PDF file at a time. Therefore, I set the filter to the equasion [Iteration] = [RecordID] , because that would process each Record one at a time I think. Right?

However I would expect the rest of the output to be processed one at a time as well after iteration 2, 3, 4 and so forth. So I do not understand why the iteration stops after the first time. I do not get why the rest of the data stays at "C Output". I expected the second record to be picked up in the second iteration, the third record at the third iteration and so on.

I feel I am getting closer though :-)

And again: thanks for your help!

gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Greenlama254 

It is better idea to use Iteration number to control loop.

Another issue is that your C-output schema is different from Macro Input schema, that causes unexpected behavior.

As a work around, I modified location of FiIter tool to more upstream, and put Select tool at right before C-output to align schema to Macro Input.

Hope this would solve issue.

image.png

Labels