Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Issue with rendering multiple tables to tabs in Excel file

J-Riedel
8 - Asteroid

Hi All!
I am having an issue when I am trying to render multiple tables to tabs in a single Excel file. I have done this many times before with no issues, but I am running into an issue.
I have done the steps (See screenprints below)
1-After each table, added a "Sheet Name" via the formula tool
2-Unioned all tables (total of 6 tables) together for output
3-Using the layout tools, set up the output configuration Layout: Each Group of Records; Group By: Sheet Name, Layout Configuration-Orientation: Vertical with Section Breaks; Data Field: Table; Section Name: Sheet Name
4-In Render Tool: Data Field: Layout; Separator: Insert Section Breaks Between Records

I have all 6 tables coming in through the Union Tool, but it will only output 4 of the 6 tables, so trying to determine what I am missing??
Below is the input and output anchors of my layout tool, so you can see that I have 6 tables in, only 4 out. These are basic tables, adding a report text and sheet name, so nothing fancy. Any thoughts on why they are not outputting? (Apologizes in that I cannot share my workflow due to business reasons).

JRiedel_0-1668716703803.pngJRiedel_1-1668716717645.png

JRiedel_2-1668716738886.png

JRiedel_3-1668716749640.png  

JRiedel_0-1668716989998.png

2 REPLIES 2
J-Riedel
8 - Asteroid

Upon looking at this more, it is actually omitting the 2 tables that have a layout associated with them.  I have this as I am actually taking 2 tables, unioning them together onto one tab in Excel.  So I believe that this previous layout is causing me an issue.

J-Riedel
8 - Asteroid

After playing around, I was able to force it in that I manually configured the Union Tool so that both the Table and Layout outputs were in the same column.  Once I did this, it worked.

Labels