Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Issue with Alteryx Workflow: Multiple inputs for same Excel but different Sheets output

YCANOmEn
6 - Meteoroid

Hello everyone,

I’m currently facing an issue with my Alteryx workflow. I’m trying to input different files and send them to the same Excel file but in different sheets using the ‘overwrite sheet/range’ option. However, it doesn’t seem to be working as expected.

The challenge here is that I can’t use the ‘block until done’ tool because these are different flows, but I still want them on the same workflow. I was hoping to use this workflow with OneDrive output, but it doesn’t seem to work, even when I try locally.

Does Alteryx not support this functionality, or am I missing something? Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Error: Output Data (11): Can't open file: C:\Users\.......................xlsx: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (32)

ps: (no other process is using the file, no user is connected nor excel open)

Screenshot.png

7 REPLIES 7
Pravallika20
8 - Asteroid

Hi @YCANOmEn 

I tried the same as you have developed. I didnt get any error. Can you please upload the configuration of all the 3 output tools?

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@YCANOmEn 
We can use the Block unti Done Tool with the Count Record tool.
A quick sample would be below.

0223-YCANOmEn.png

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Often adding a Block Until Done Tool between every Text Input Tool and Output Data Tool will do the job. If not, use @Qiu 's solution.

YCANOmEn
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @Pravallika20

There you go, both create new sheet and overwrite range do not work. I don't understand why Alteryx cannot do something as simple as that.

YCANOmEn
6 - Meteoroid

Hello @PhilipMannering

This would not work because the flows are separated

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

You'd be surprised. Even just putting block until done tools between the text inputs and outputs (in this case three - one for each data stream) can resolve this problem... even if the data streams are completely separate.

YCANOmEn
6 - Meteoroid

Oh yes. You are very correct!

Thank you!

Labels