Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Is there a smarter way to check if specs are empty or null instead of a lot of filters?

patrikfrid
8 - Asteroid

Anyone that have a smarter way to check if specs are empty or null for different categories with different numbers of specifications?

Right now, so do I use filter for this however so do different categories have different number of specs. In this specific case so does this category have 10 specs but for example so do laptops have 16 different specs.

Do I have to use one filter for each specs, it's rather heavy to build this because we have around 300 categories with different number of specs on each category, I just want to check for a certain status and check if there are any empty or null values regardless category and number of specifications.

2 REPLIES 2
DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @patrikfrid 

If i understand you correctly you're wanting to check for the number of Null/Empty fields? The Basic Data Profile Tool will give you that info quickly, please see example below and attached. I've then filtered it to just Null/Empty categories:

DavidSkaife_0-1666860876632.png

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@patrikfrid , my solution would be similar to what @DavidSkaife has provided. There are pretty other ways too but this one is the short and easy.

Sapna Gupta
Labels