Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Internal error: Unexpected error in table

bthursti
7 - Meteor

I am receiving an error while trying to create a pivot table in the table preparation add on. I do not know how to fix the error and it is not giving me any more information, would someone be able to help me with the following error I have attached? Internal error: unexpected error in table.

Thank you

18 REPLIES 18
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@bthursti I don’t think that is possible with the render tool, one option you have to create all your data using the existing workflow along with the pivot then output to excel file using the render tool , another option instead of using table tool write the output directly to the excel sheet using output tool, in this case you will not loose your original data

bthursti
7 - Meteor

@binuacs so you can not export more than one pivot table into the same file? is that what I am understanding?

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@bthursti  I mean to say if you are writing your pivot to the existing excel file then it will replace the existing data.  If you have multiple pivot you can write all those data in the excel output

bthursti
7 - Meteor

@binuacs  how do I write all of the pivot tables into the same excel file?

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@bthursti Same excel file with different tabs?

bthursti
7 - Meteor

@binuacs Yes that is what I am trying to accomplish.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@bthursti Yes, that is possible, I will update your workflow and send it back to you 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@bthursti Attaching the updated file, you need to make the changes in the table tool, below is the output generated from the updated workflow

binuacs_0-1681504583220.png

sowjanyayinti
7 - Meteor

Is there an internal bug or is it an issue with the way we are using the pivot table feature? I am receiving the same error as the OP so decided to re-open this old thread.

I do not get the error if i turn off the AMP engine but i cannot use control containers if i turn off the AMP engine. Soooooo what gives?

Labels