Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Import multiple Excel files and run workflow separately for each with separate outputs

Ronak_Kothari
5 - Atom

Hi all,

I am trying to import multiple files (same format and structure) and want Alteryx to import all of them and run the workflow for each of them separately. It should treat each file as a separate file. Once done, it should produce the outputs for each file separately with filename based on one column.

I don't want Alteryx to combine them or mix any of the data, just that the workflow is same for each file, I don't want to run it for each file separately.

Please help, thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Ronak_Kothari 
I beleve this can be achieve as below

1. use a directory Tool to read the full path of all files need

2. The full path will be parameter filled into an iterative macro.

3. inside the macro, the data will be read in for each time and output the desired the ouput.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Ronak_Kothari 

As @Qiu mentioned, you can use a batch or iterative macro to accomplish this, but you can also do this within a regular workflow by making sure that the filename is returned and that you apply grouping operations in your calculation and output tools using the filename as a key.

So my question is why do you want to batch this process?

Dan   

Ronak_Kothari
5 - Atom

Thanks for your response. How do I create this iterative macro? Sorry, I'm relatively new to this

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Ronak_Kothari 
Maybe you can search the material in this community for how to make iterative or batch macro. they are very helpful.

Anyway, I made a sample one and hope it would help.

0319-Ronak_Kothari.PNG

Labels