Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

If/Then With Exponent

KaraRademacher
7 - Meteor

In excel I have a net liability formula of =+IF(G5<65,+AZ5/(1+Summary!$C$7/12)^AU5,AZ5)

This is stating if the age of the person is less than 65 take Gross Liability/(1+rate/12)^# of mths to 65 otherwise use gross liability.

Gross liability is already calculated in Alteryx and is working as expected.

How do I create this same formula in Alteryx?

Here is a sample of data to use for this formula.  The rate to be used is 4.93%

PersonAgeMonths To 65th Yr Gross Liability 
16224         (27,942.00)
26312         (83,005.00)
3650         (23,228.00)
5 REPLIES 5
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@KaraRademacher Adjust the formula if it is not correct also the field values

image.png

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@KaraRademacher 
I do have a minor modification on @binuacs solution.

0914-KaraRademacher.PNG

KaraRademacher
7 - Meteor

This looks like it put me on the right track but I'm getting an error.  I have attached some sample data with the basic workflow I'm using.  It looks like the error starts with the gross calculation now that I substituted in [Prime Rate] instead of typing in a value.  Ideally I will update this value early in the stream as a data source and let it flow through so I can update easily as needed.  Anyways, can anyone assist with the parse error I'm seeing for the Gross Liability and Net Liability formulas?  My belief is I need to change data types before these or something earlier in the stream.

FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

Hey @KaraRademacher , your problem is indeed data types - go into every formula tool and every time you write a formula that results in a number, change the data type to a Double (see pic):

image.png

KaraRademacher
7 - Meteor

@FinnCharlton fixed a couple more formulas and it now works as expected.  Thanks for the tip!

Labels