Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

I need to format my output spreadsheets such that the top row headers are filled w/ color

JoshuaElphee
8 - Asteroid

My workflow includes a macro that creates a separate workbook for unique sheets on a workbook (among other actions).  I need to format this (most importantly, adding a "color" to the first row of headers).  I understand this can be done via "render"... how can I do this when the output includes multiple saved spreadsheets?

3 REPLIES 3
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

you can do this via TABLE tool which can then be output via render.

either all of your sheets can be created via a render (you use a union to bring your report snippets together, a layout tool to set the sheet names and output via render) or none of them. 

You can create your sheets via render - ie create dummy sheets - and then fill the ones you didn't want rendered using an output data in overwiter sheet mode. 

JoshuaElphee
8 - Asteroid

I must admit that this is going directly over my head, and will need to find a few trainings on this.  I will play with this a bit before I can respond with a cognitive question and am trying to envision how this workflow would work/where it plugs in to what I have currently.  My current output works exactly as needed except for this formatting issue.

JoshuaElphee
8 - Asteroid

@apathetichell, would this replace the current methodology for the output?  Ie. remove the output chicklet, insert the table, then render?

Labels