Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

I need to format my output spreadsheets such that the top row headers are filled w/ color

JoshuaElphee
8 - Asteroid

My workflow includes a macro that creates a separate workbook for unique sheets on a workbook (among other actions).  I need to format this (most importantly, adding a "color" to the first row of headers).  I understand this can be done via "render"... how can I do this when the output includes multiple saved spreadsheets?

3 REPLIES 3
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

you can do this via TABLE tool which can then be output via render.

either all of your sheets can be created via a render (you use a union to bring your report snippets together, a layout tool to set the sheet names and output via render) or none of them. 

You can create your sheets via render - ie create dummy sheets - and then fill the ones you didn't want rendered using an output data in overwiter sheet mode. 

JoshuaElphee
8 - Asteroid

I must admit that this is going directly over my head, and will need to find a few trainings on this.  I will play with this a bit before I can respond with a cognitive question and am trying to envision how this workflow would work/where it plugs in to what I have currently.  My current output works exactly as needed except for this formatting issue.

JoshuaElphee
8 - Asteroid

@apathetichell, would this replace the current methodology for the output?  Ie. remove the output chicklet, insert the table, then render?

Labels