Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

I'm trying to Schedule/automate Alteryx workflow, I don't have budget for Scheduler/server

Biren
5 - Atom

I have designer license.
Is there any way possible to automate the Alteryx workflow run at a specific time with designer license ? 

2 REPLIES 2
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @Biren 

The Schedule/Server are the official ways provided by Alteryx to solve this, so even if you find some trick out there, i would go with them. Especially for enterprise environments.

https://www.alteryx.com/products/pricing

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

I have similarly looked into this - I don't hold the budget so have very limited control over whether we get a server.  Scheduler licences are no longer available, so server is the only official option.

Otherwise, the only option I know of is something that will open an Alteryx workflow in Designer and hit run, which only works while your PC is on and connected to whatever it needs to connect to.  There are various ways to achieve this, but they all have the same limitations of needing to open the workflow and send a keypress.  I could get it working but it wasn't what I needed; depending on your IT setup you might have better luck.

It's a shame because Alteryx has a command line version which would do exactly what we need, but you can only use it with a server licence.  My understanding is that having a server would make this redundant anyway.

Labels