Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

I have to calculate rows and data from different table

Sshasnk
Astéroïde

I have 2 datasets one is the fund dataset and another one is the percentage dataset I have to use both and calculate the value.

Fund Dataset:

Fundamountpurchasereturnbuy
A123456489785
B456500800400
C48956487450
Total 1068152013761635

Percentage dataset: 

FundamountpurchasereturnBuy
ABC0.50.80.90.8

Now, I have calculated the (Total amount - C - A) * ABC = (1068 - 489 - 123)*0.5 for all the columns

The above formula is used for Amount/Purchase/Return/Buy

Fundamountpurchasereturnbuy
Final228400720320
6 RÉPONSES 6
JamesCharnley
Pulsar

Hi @Sshasnk,

It's going to be quite hard for somebody to replicate a workflow for this that's dynamic to your actual data without a few more details, unless your data is very consistent to this structure. For example, is there always three funds and it's Total-C-B every time? Or can there be more? It'll be much easier if it's the former.

Sshasnk
Astéroïde

@JamesCharnley The formula won't change at all (total -C-B)* ABC (percentage dataset) and So as the structure 

JamesCharnley
Pulsar

OK thanks @Sshasnk, one more thing: The formula is written as (Total amount - C - B) * ABC but your example references (1068 - 489 - 123)*0.5, where 123 is the value for A not B. Which one is correct?

Sshasnk
Astéroïde

@JamesCharnley Oops, (Total amount - C - A) * ABC Instead of B it should be A

JamesCharnley
Pulsar

OK @Sshasnk  something like this should work. The Fund is tokenized so it can be joined to the correct rows (assuming the % fund is made up of the names, otherwise we'll need something else), and using a multi-row to reference cells from another row:

JamesCharnley_0-1671018546318.png

You could do it in less tools but this should be the easiest to get your head around I think.

DavidSkaife
Pulsar

Hi @Sshasnk 

If your data structure is always like this, then your calculation doesn't need to be so complicated, you can just do B * ABC instead.

Also, you say Total - C - B yet you reference the value from A, and the final values all work with A, not B

I've attached a workflow that should give you what you need,its a bit long winded but it works!

DavidSkaife_0-1671018714253.png

Étiquettes