Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

I have created macro for my workflow but macro not working

Lokesh22
6 - Meteoroid

I have tried to create macro on my workflow when i created a macro and using it on another flow it is giving a error message this tool required a control unit. But when i select dropdown i am not getting anything in dropdown.  i have attached the workflow and macro using flow. 

13 REPLIES 13
jdminton
12 - Quasar

I can't see your data, but the macro is set to a batch macro. This would require a control parameter tool. Since that isn't there, you are likely just performing a standard macro. Change the setting in your workflow settings (for the macro itself) from batch to standard and see if that fixes it.

Snag_2a413254.png

jdminton
12 - Quasar

@Lokesh22 did this resolves your issue?

Lokesh22
6 - Meteoroid

@jdminton No Not yet same issue with standard macro

jdminton
12 - Quasar

Can you provide some sample data to run through? The Macro references a file that you did not include.

Lokesh22
6 - Meteoroid

@jdminton  sure i will send the log file and i want to process multiple files one by one. can you please share your mail id because .log files can not uploaded here.

jdminton
12 - Quasar

There are a couple of ways to do this. 1) change the extension to .txt or .csv or 2) go to your menu in the workflow (in Alteryx Designer) and select options and export workflow. This will create an Alteryx package that will contain workflow and the input file and macro.

Lokesh22
6 - Meteoroid

@jdminton i am reading as .txt file, it works for one file but want for multiple files to run and get output.So want to use macro.

Amit_G_Limbasia
8 - Asteroid

Dear @Lokesh22,

I have go through the workflow and Macro I have found that you use column name which is statics as that might be change in every batch part or It is not that dynamic which give desired results. So if you provide log workflow attached with log files in zip I can try and give better solution.

Thanks

Enjoy Solving!

jdminton
12 - Quasar

@Lokesh22 , I was meaning that you can attach them here if you change the extension to .txt. You can do that versus needing my email to send it to me. Or you can package the workflow as instructed above so we can determine what in your workflow needs fixed.

Labels