Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

I got Dups....

hi2019
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am trying to only show the roman numeral only but now its showing both 4 IV at the end of Pay Name- I think I have to correct this formula or add another formula to remove this -please help

elseif Contains([Pay name], " 2" ) THEN [Pay name]
+ 'II'

elseif Contains([Pay name], " 3" ) THEN [Pay name]
+ 'III'
elseif Contains([Pay name], " 4" ) THEN[Pay name] + 'IV' ELSE [Pay name]

is this part of a larger formula -  am sure it is from this part though

thanks!!!!!

14 REPLIES 14
hi2019
8 - Asteroid

ok let me try --- also if i am looking for 2, 02 I can just add, 

, "02") to add after the 2 in the above? etc for 3, 4, etc

apathetichell
19 - Altair

Yup. you could also swap the replace for regex_replace - swap the replace term to '0*2'  - which means any number of 0's (including 0)

OTrieger
10 - Fireball

@hi2019  I'm really confused from your post. You are asking for help, the guys here asking that you will share some data from your end. Even a snippet of the data that you are trying to transform, so any of the solutions that the guys were giving you are like walking in a dark ally where you cannot see anything. If you want to get help help us to understand what you are facing and what you would like to achieve. 

OTrieger
10 - Fireball

You are right! 

He is asking a question that not telling anything.

hi2019
8 - Asteroid

its so odd

it grabs and does it for half of them but I cannot see why its not grabbing the other ones ! I dont see different spaces in them?

Also, for the way to grab any amount of 0 inbetween - do I put that in both sectiobs of where the 2 is?

Labels