Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to stack data from multiple worksheet of same excel but different structure

amsrivastav
8 - Asteroid

Hi Folks,

I have one excel file (XLSX format) where I have three worksheets say SheetA, SheetB and SheetC.

Columns of SheetA are ColA , ColB and ColC

Columns of SheetB are ColA , ColB

Columns of SheetC is ColA 

I want to stack data of all three sheets into one output; I DO NOT WANT to use MACROS in Alteryx Flow.

I tried to use Dynamic Input but it is giving me error stating files having different structure.

Please suggest!!

Thanks

Amit 

18 REPLIES 18
amsrivastav
8 - Asteroid

Hi @aatalai 

No, number of sheets are not fix, it can be of any number.

For Range, maximum range I have observed is from A to BA in excel, to be precise data was available from A1 to BA99999, but again, it may increase further as well.

Regards

Amit

aatalai
14 - Magnetar

@amsrivastav thanks for coming back; sorry for being unclear but meant is there a range in the number of sheets you will need importing?

amsrivastav
8 - Asteroid

Hi @aatalai ,

No, there is no Range as such, 

Thanks

Amit

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @amsrivastav 

There's is no specific rule that says that workflows that use macros can not run on the server.  You may be having an issue with a specific workflow, but in general, workflows that access macros work fine on Server.

What specific macro issues are you facing when try to run your workflow on the server?

Dan

aatalai
14 - Magnetar
aatalai
14 - Magnetar

alternatively try posting on the server forum, you might get more relevant responses

amsrivastav
8 - Asteroid

Hi @danilang 

May be, I will give another try to run Macros based flow on Alteryx Server.

However, because of the curiosity, I just want to understand and know, is there any to achieve the same without using Macros in the flow.

Thanks

Amit

amsrivastav
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I don't think, User will go with APP option.

Thanks

Amit

aatalai
14 - Magnetar
Labels