Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to stack data from multiple worksheet of same excel but different structure

amsrivastav
8 - Asteroid

Hi Folks,

I have one excel file (XLSX format) where I have three worksheets say SheetA, SheetB and SheetC.

Columns of SheetA are ColA , ColB and ColC

Columns of SheetB are ColA , ColB

Columns of SheetC is ColA 

I want to stack data of all three sheets into one output; I DO NOT WANT to use MACROS in Alteryx Flow.

I tried to use Dynamic Input but it is giving me error stating files having different structure.

Please suggest!!

Thanks

Amit 

18 REPLIES 18
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @amsrivastav 

If you insist on not using macros then your only remaining option is to have 3 separate input tools, one for each sheet.  Once the data is read, use a select tool to remove the columns that you don't want from each sheet and then union set to Auto Config by Position.

Dan

aatalai
13 - Pulsar

@amsrivastav if you don't want to use a macro, and given that it is only 3 sheets, I would recommend having 3 data input tools one for each sheet and then using a union tool to stack them, how does that sound?

aatalai
13 - Pulsar

@danilang great minds think a like

amsrivastav
8 - Asteroid

Hi @danilang ,

Three files which i have mentioned is just an example, there could be any number of worksheet, so i cannot create individual connection for each tab.

Please suggest

Regard

Amit

amsrivastav
8 - Asteroid

Hi @aatalai 

Three files which i have mentioned is just an example, there could be any number of worksheet, so i cannot create individual connection for each tab.

Please suggest

Regard

Amit

aatalai
13 - Pulsar

@amsrivastav then it might be difficult to do without the use of a macro. Is there a particular reason why you don't want to use one?

amsrivastav
8 - Asteroid

Hi @aatalai 

My flow needs to be publish on the Alteryx Server and Alteryx Server doesn't understand the Macros, hence i am trying not to use Macros in the ALteryx.

If there nay way to use Macros on Alteryx Server, I will be glad to use Macros as well.

Regards

Amit 

aatalai
13 - Pulsar

@amsrivastav is there a fix number of sheets? And if so how many? or will it change regularly (and if so is there a range?)?

aatalai
13 - Pulsar

@amsrivastav does this post help? I don't deal too much with server

Labels