Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to retain only the latest selling line item row with a quantity of 1 in Alteryx

thameemi
5 - Atom

I am an Alteryx user, I have scenario where I have a Product ID (Vehicle ID Number), when sale happens it will show quantity as 1, when the sale cancellation happens it reports as -1. I want to retain only the latest selling line item, latest date and latest Billing Number where the quantity should be 1. Help me how to build this logic in Alteryx.

1 REPLY 1
Prometheus
12 - Quasar

@thameemi I added a few lines of data to make sure the logic worked. Then I summarized the data by grouping by VIN and getting the Max_Billing Date. After that, I joined the original data to the summarized data on VIN Number->VIN Number and Billing Date->Max_Billing Date. After that, I filtered out any records where Qty does not equal 1. Is this what you're looking for?

More Data.PNG

Max Billing Date.PNG

VIN and MaxDate.PNG

Qty 1.PNG

Labels