Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to loop over each value of a single column one at a time and pass it to filter

bornita
5 - Atom

Hello!

I am trying to loop over a date table which has a period field (202301,202302,...,202313). I need to calculate Rolling 13 metrics from any given period from a fact table for all historic periods at Store level. I am able to create the workflow for one Rollling 13 Period by hardcoding the filter for PeriodID >= 202210 and PeriodID<=202309. I want to automate this passing of value so that the entire workflow runs once for a period value passed to the filter, appends it to output then repeats.

Step 1 - Filter Single Colum Period Range

DimTable.PeriodID => 202301 and DimTable.PeriodID <=202313

Step 2 - Loops

Sample Runs 

1. DimTable.PeriodID = 202301 , Pass to filter FactTable.Period >= DimTable.PeriodID AND FactTable.Period >= DimTable.PeriodID - 99 And Condition1="X", Summarize values of this Rolling13 periods and save

2. DimTable.PeriodID = 202302 , Pass to filter FactTable.Period >= DimTable.PeriodID AND FactTable.Period >= DimTable.PeriodID - 99 And Condition1="X" , Summarize values of this Rolling13 periods and append

3. DimTable.PeriodID = 202303 , Pass to filter FactTable.Period >= DimTable.PeriodID AND FactTable.Period >= DimTable.PeriodID - 99 And Condition1="X", Summarize values of this Rolling13 periods and append

I created a Batch Macro, but get I am unable to do Step 2. There are repeated values in the output for Store although it is summarized at Store Level. Attached screenshots. Please advise.

2 REPLIES 2
aatalai
14 - Magnetar

@bornita couldn't you do this as an iterative macro with the period increasing by one each loop?

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@bornita 
I feel maybe we can use the "Running Total" tool or a batch macro.

But you mentioned to calculate Rolling 13 metrics from any given period from a fact table for all historic periods at Store level

So there might be two batch macro?

We can take a closer look if we can have sample input data and expected output?

Labels