Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to filter for documents with the same ID created within 3 seconds of each other

ArmyGrooSMH
5 - Atom

I have unique files getting revisions.  Each file can have many revisions and I only care about the first two.

I have filtered the data so "docrevnum" is 0 or 1 .

What I would like to do from here is count the number of times those pairs have "docrevdate" within 3 seconds of each other.

Thank you,

ArmyGroo

2 REPLIES 2
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@ArmyGrooSMH What are the expected output results?

ArmyGrooSMH
5 - Atom

The ideal output to the above is a count of the number of times "itemnum" shows a "docrevdate" within 3 seconds of each other.  The example data should show 6. 

There is one trick in the sample data. 

Shows up 3 times.  Twice with a docrevnum of 0.  This has been fixed on my side by adding a unique on docrevnum+itemnum+docrevdate.

I have 100million records and ideally want to know the number of times an item revision comes in within 3 seconds of the original.
I will be adding a groupby to the filetypenum after getting a count.

Labels