Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to create subtotal "Net Income" from raw TB data

shungui
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I'm really struggling here. How can I create a sub-total (almost like a PIVOT Table view) of raw TB data. I've filtered my trial balance to isolate only profit and loss accounts, but I'm trying to figure out how I can summarize each entity's net income (noted in the "CO #" column). 

In excel, I could easily do this via a PIVOT table of the Co # field and the "Account Category" field.

shungui_0-1645132406085.png

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
binuacs
20 - Arcturus
shungui
7 - Meteor

Hi I'm in a bit of a time-crunch and don't have time for that.

amruthas2
8 - Asteroid

Hi @shungui 
You can use summarize function - group by the field you require and sum up the value, also if in the Account Category you have more than P&L which you dont need, you can use filter option to exclue that.

Please let me know if you need any further change on the below solution, or if this was able to solve your problem

amruthas2_0-1645158981166.png

Labels